A Final Reflection

Overall, I believe our final performance was very successful. Despite all the problems we faced and the amount of times we felt it was necessary to change our performance to create the best show we possibly could, as an ensemble, we pulled together and put on a show that was incredibly entertaining and got an audience invested in the characters we had created. I believe we achieved what we had set out to do at the beginning, which was to celebrate individuality and involve other audience segments in contemporary theatre.

In terms of evaluating myself, I think I could have spent more time in the early stages putting together the paperwork for the show, however, this was difficult to do as we changed our show drastically in the first few weeks.

On the show day, we realised that whilst a lot of our audience was mainly university students, a large percentage of people who came were people who would be considered as ‘Trips and Treats’ in the Arts Council England audience segment questionnaire. These people aren’t necessarily interested in contemporary theatre and the arts, but they “Enjoy mainstream arts and popular culture influenced by children, family and friends” (Arts Council England, 2017).

Looking back on the entire process, had we come up with our final show idea sooner, our show could have been even greater and the characters explored even deeper. Despite this, I believe that as an ensemble, we created a fantastic show that really shows who we are as a company and showed how wonderfully we worked together as an ensemble. Whilst there have been a few disputes, I never believed we could have put on such a visually stunning and intricate show as Kalopsia. I am extremely proud to have been a part of the show and worked so closely with The Pin Hinge Collective over these last 5 months. Our debut show has taught me so much about the running of a theatre company and has given us all so much to take forward into the future.

The Pin Hinge Collective

Works Cited:

Arts Council England (2017) Culture-based segmentation. [online] Available from http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/participating-and-attending/culture-based-segmentation [Accessed 27 May 2017].